Saturday, April 28, 2012

WWE Extreme Rules Predictions

w/ Alex Archer, Violet Buttle, and Mike Bradford

Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena in an Extreme Rules Match

Alex: Cena and Lesnar have both done a great job selling this matchTheir interactions on Raw over the last few weeks have been really enjoyable.  I see Lesnar winning this one with some small form of Laurinaitis-instructed interference.  Not enough to make him look weak, but just enough to give Cena some kind of out.

Violet: This past Monday on Raw, when Lesnar and Cena were in the ring together for the contract signing, I was legitimately scared for Cena. Lesnar has to win this match. I think Cena's losing streak is the most interesting thing that's happened to him in awhile.

Mike: There’s no way Cena wins this one. They have him on this losing streak right now, and it’s got to lead somewhere, right? I know there’s not going to be a fabled Cena heel turn anytime soon, but I think a lot of people would get behind Cena after watching him get knocked down to the point where he can look like an underdog. Unlike The Rock, Brock is legitimately not leaving, so this feud has the opportunity to continue if more money can be made from it. If that happens, I really hope Brock lets his matches do his talking for him, otherwise he needs a manager.

CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship in a Chicago Street Fight

Alex: The Chicago crowd is going to be insane for this one, but I think Jericho is going to take the title with some kind of dirtball tactics.  I don't see this feud ending just yet, and without a Jericho win, I don't know how it carries on.

Violet: Since Punk got the win at Mania, I think Jericho will win here. Punk won't be without the title for long, though, as Jericho is leaving shortly to tour with his band. Plus, think about how good that belt is going to look under the Jericho jacket. WWE wouldn't deprive us of that sight.

Mike: We’ve seen what these guys can do, and it’s all awesome. I think Jericho wins in this one, and the two keep the feud going until the next PPV where Punk will regain the title as Jericho is currently planning a tour with his band. If Punk loses in Chicago, the heat on Jericho will be amazing.

Sheamus (c) vs. Daniel Bryan for the World Heavyweight Championship in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match

Alex:  Sheamus retains after they split the first two falls to set up the Sheamus / Del Rio feud.  I'm interested to see how they use AJ on this one and how it will further the AJ / Daniel Bryan storyline.

Violet: With the push Sheamus has been getting for months, I expect his title reign will last longer than a month. Although, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Bryan regain the title. I hope that the two out of three falls stipulation allows these two get a chance to show what they could have done at the past two WrestleManias.

Mike: I have such high hopes that this match will be a show stealer and these guys will get at least 30 minutes to work with. I think it will come to the third fall to determine the winner, and ultimately AJ will have an impact. I love Bryan as WORLD! HEAVYWEIGHT! CHAMPION!, but I think Sheamus will retain after some interference and go on to feud with someone else when the night is through. Hopefully Bryan gets so show off his skills and it’s not just two straight brogue kicks.

Big Show (c) vs. Cody Rhodes for the Intercontinental Championship (stipulation TBD)

Alex: I've learned you can't put anything past the WWE, but I think they put the belt back on Cody this weekend and put a fork in this terrible feud.  Big Show has been dominating Cody for weeks, so hopefully that's evidence that my theory is correct.

Violet: Please, WWE, take the title away from Show and give it back to its rightful owner: Cody Rhodes. If Show wins against Rhodes again, I'll be disgusted. Show looks ridiculous caring around that little belt.

Mike: This feud will hopefully be over by the end of this match. I would love to see Cody working towards a world title run, but with Christian and ADR returning, I can’t see it happening right now. I think Cody wins and hopefully brings back some honor to the IC title by feuding with someone he can really work with in the ring.

Kane vs. Randy Orton in a Falls Count Anywhere Match

Alex: Please just make this feud end and get Kane off my television!  I think Orton wins, but honestly, I don't think anyone cares.

Violet:Well, Kane won at WrestleMania, so I predict Orton will get the win here. But I really don't care.

Mike: I’m honestly not that interested in this match. I think Kane wins this one, and the feud continues for one more match. Let’s be honest, Orton will NOT be feuding with Jinder Mahal after this and both he and Kane need something to keep them on TV for a while.

Nikki Bella (c) vs. Beth Phoenix for the Divas Championship

Alex: With rumors of Kharma returning on Monday night, I think Nikki will hold on with the help of some Twin Magic so that she can be destroyed on Raw.

Violet: I think the "ankle injury" gives Phoenix an excuse to lose this match. Nikki Bella will retain the title only to be destroyed by Kharma on Raw. See ya, Bellas.

Mike: The word that surrounds this match is “rumor.” It’s rumored that the angle here is that Nikki Bella won the belt from Beth because Kharma is set to be making her return. Another rumor is that Beth’s ankle injury is not legit, and that WWE wants to build up to a Beth vs. Kharma match. Even more rumors surround the Bellas, whose contracts are expiring.  The returning Kharma would then destroy the Bellas and give a storyline reason as to why they aren’t around any longer. I predict Kharma returns at Extreme Rules, Nikki retains somehow, and then Kharma destroys the Bellas on Raw to start a title run and feud with Phoenix. I’m a fan of women’s wrestling so I hope WWE does this right.

Santino Marella (c) vs. The Miz for the United States Championship

Alex: While this would be the perfect opportunity to make the pre-show seem important by booking a title change, the fact that Miz hasn't done anything since WrestleMania leads me to believe that Santino retains.

Violet: This match is difficult to predict, because so little has preceded it. I'd love to see Miz win, because he career and character have been in a lull since last year's loss to Cena at Extreme Rules.

Mike: I’m a fan of Santino, and I think the US title run he’s currently on is a reward for getting himself over with the crowd. On the other hand, I can’t stand The Miz. WWE, however, obviously sees something in him. I see Miz winning the US title in this one.

Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | @Bradford_FTLOW | #FTLOW