Sunday, April 15, 2012

TNA Lockdown Predictions

w/ Alex Archer and Violet Buttle

Bobby Roode (c) vs. James Storm for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Alex: With all the build going into this match for the last 6 months, I see James Storm winning the title here. I wouldn't put it past TNA to give us a screwy finish and have Roode go over to setup a rematch, though.

Violet: With all of the positive exposure Storm has been given, I expect him to win this match. I also don't think TNA can get away with another cheap Roode victory.

Team Eric Bischoff vs. Team Garrett Bischoff in a Lethal Lockdown Match

Alex: I really only care to see Austin Aries in this one, but I think Team Eric wins with some kind of cheap tactics.

Violet: I only care about this match because I'm excited to see Austin Aries and the return of Rob Van Dam. Otherwise, I think the Bischoff family feud is strange and uncomfortable to watch. I predict Team Eric will win, because Garrett is getting over with no one.

Samoa Joe and Magnus (c) vs. The Motor City Machine Guns for the TNA Tag Team Championships

Alex: Magnus and Joe have great chemistry together, and the Guns are one of the best tag teams in the world when they're on. If TNA has any idea what they're doing, they'll turn this into a money feud. This is TNA, though, so who knows.

Violet: I hope it isn't too easy for The Motor City Machine Guns to return and win the tag titles. Plus, Magnus and Joe are a good match, and I'd like to see their run last a little longer.

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy

Alex: It seems like Jeff Hardy hasn't won a match in ages. It seems like every contest he's in ends with some kind of screwy finish, so he finally goes over clean in this one.

Violet: It will be interesting to see if Angle's current ailment effects the quality of this match. It's about time Hardy wins a match, especially one with a clean finish, so I expect him to go over here.

Gail Kim (c) vs. Velvet Sky for the TNA Knockouts Championship

Alex: They've been building Velvet Sky for awhile now so she's my pick in this one. She has no business getting in the ring with Gail Kim, though. She's nowhere near Kim's level.

Violet: Plenty of performers that are more talented than Sky have lost to Kim, so it makes sense to me for Kim to retain here. That might be just wishful thinking, though.

Devon (c) vs. Robbie E. for the TNA TV Championship

Alex: The TNA TV title is still a thing?

Violet: We have no reason to care about this match. I had forgotten that Robbie E had lost the title until he tweeted about it earlier this week.

Matt Morgan vs. Crimson

Alex: There's no way they're going to end Crimson's undefeated streak here. Either way, though, I'm not excited for this match at all. Crimson is one of the most boring wrestlers in TNA, and Morgan hasn't been interesting in months.

Violet: I don't see Morgan ending Crimson's undefeated streak. But I honestly really don't care either way.

@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | #FTLOW