Monday, April 2, 2012

WrestleMania Afterthoughts

w/ Alex Archer and Violet Buttle

The Rock defeats John Cena

Alex : The match itself wasn't terrible. While there were some intense and exciting moments, a lot of this match seemed slow. I'm not impressed with the finish, but if this is what it takes to get to a Cena hell turn, I'll take it. If Cena comes back as the same happy go lucky Super Cena, we've had our time wasted.

Violet : Rock pinned Cena. Poor Cena.

CM Punk (c) defeats Chris Jericho to retain WWE Championship

Alex : I wasn't a fan of the added DQ stipulation. It made the match seem a little too gimmicky with Cole and Lawler making it a big deal every time he took advantage of the refs 5 count. Other than that, though, Punk and Jericho were great. The multiple applications of the Walls of Jericho and the Anaconda Vice were great. I expect this feud to continue into the next pay-per-view.

Violet : Punk and Jericho had a good match, but it gets kind of lost amongst the more memorable matches and travesties of the night. I’m pleased with Punk’s retention of his title.

Sheamus defeats Daniel Bryan (c) for the World Heavyweight Championship

Alex : Ugh. As the clock hit 7, I was almost out of my chair in anticipation of this match kicking things off. I was expecting savagery. What we got was a joke. A complete slap in the face. To say I'm disappointed would be a huge understatement.

Violet : I was really looking forward to seeing Sheamus and Bryan get the opportunity they missed out on last year after their WrestleMania outing was turned into a dark match. Instead, Sheamus won the title in a matter of seconds. The only good thing that came out of this injustice was crowd’s support of Bryan. Between the “YES” signs and the sporadic “Daniel Bryan” chants throughout the night, Bryan may have gained something in this loss.

Undertaker defeats HHH in HIAC w/ Shawn Michaels as guest referee

Alex : Match of the night. Hands down. I wasn't sure what to expect going into this one considering we haven't seen Taker in the ring in a year, but they tore it up. Those chair shots that Taker took were absurd. If that was either mans last match, they very proudly hang their hat on that match.

Violet : Undertaker, Micheals, and Triple HHH told a wonderful story during the Hell in the Cell match. They delivered everything I hoped they would and more. Easily the best moment of the night.

Team Johnny defeats Team Teddy

Alex : Other than getting more guys on the show, there was no reason for this match to be a 12 man tag. Note to WWE : if you feel the need to have each team wear color coded shirts so viewers know who's on which team, it's probably overbooked. Eve getting involved was predictable, but I was hoping for a Ryder heel turn. I'll take a Miz pinfall victory though. He could use the boost.

Violet : I’m not sure if scoring the pin in this match is going to do much for Miz’s fledging character and frequent poor booking, but it was fun to see him celebrate in the ring with Johnny. With the amount of talented men in this match, I was disappointed to see so few cool spots and several men never tagged in. I am, however, happy with the result and excited to see Johnny in charge of both shows. I’m also interested to see what happens between Eve and Ryder after their hostile post-match confrontation.

Big Show defeats Cody Rhodes (c) for the Intercontinental Championship

Alex : Another disappointment. Show won the IC title. Cool. Get back to me when Cody Rhodes is a god damn World Champion.

Violet : It is absolutely infuriating to me that an untalented, washed up goof like Big Show is given WrestleMania glory over a young and promising talent like Rhodes. This worsened by the fact that Big Show also won the Intercontinental Title that Rhodes held for so long.

Kane defeats Randy Orton

Alex : Other than being surprised that Kane won, zzz.

Violet : As I expected, Kane and Orton had a horribly boring match. Unlike what I expected, Kane won. I’m not sure what Orton can do from here.

Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos defeat Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres

Alex : Beth Phoenix, the WWE Divas Champion (yes, the same one that has been dominating every diva in the division) was pinned by a d-lister with multiple injuries. Sigh.

Violet : Why would WWE let their dominant Diva’s Champion be beaten by a celebrity guest with broken ribs? What a mistake.

@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | #FTLOW