Sunday, September 9, 2012

TNA No Surrender Predictions

w/ Alex Archer & Violet Buttle

Austin Aries challenges a member of Aces and Eights

Alex: The TNA website has the match listed as it is written above, but on Impact, the deal was that Aries would get a match with the "arm breaker" guy. I think that whatever happens, it'll end in a brawl with something shocking happening at the end. Possibly an Aces and Eights reveal?

Violet: I don't think we're likely to have a winner here. There are too many people invested in this storyline for Aries and a member of Aces and Eights to have a clean, uninterrupted match.

Bound For Glory Series Tournament

Alex: I think Jeff Hardy defeats Samoa Joe and James Storm defeats Bully Ray to give us a Hardy vs. Storm final. I would love for this to be the big reveal on Aces and Eights, or at least lead to the reveal of one of those two being in charge. A James Storm or Jeff Hardy heel turn to the Aces and Eights would be a lot of fun. If this doesn't have anything to do with Aces and Eights, though, I think Storm beats Hardy.

Violet: Without question, James Storm will defeat Bully Ray. While I think that Hardy will go over Joe, I wouldn't be totally surprised to see it go the other way. Joe is a formidable opponent, so I could see him and Hardy trading losses (after Hardy's win against Joe on Impact). Either way, I expect Storm to walk away tonight as the BFG series winner.

Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (c) vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle for the TNA Tag Team Championship

Alex: The chemistry between Kazarian and Daniels was the only positive thing about the Claire Lynch storyline, so it would make more sense to keep the belts on them, as their act is far more entertaining than the pairing of AJ and Kurt. It would make sense to have AJ's team go over to finally put a nail in this feuds coffin, but I'm really hoping that isn't what happens. I think Kaz and Daniels retain.

Violet: I would assume that Daniels and Kazarian keep their titles, and I hope that is the case. I really hate it when title matches appear out of nowhere. I suppose one could argue that lengthy Claire Lynch storyline and Styles's and Angle's former tag partnership justify this match up, but I'd rather see Daniels and Kazarian facing an actual team.

Zema Ion (c) vs. Sonjay Dutt for the X Division Championship

Alex: We haven't seen anything from the X Division in weeks, which doesn't make a lot of sense considering some of the guys in these matches were getting huge crowd reactions when they were given the chance. I don't see Zema dropping the title until Sorenson comes back, so I think he'll defeat Sonjay tonight.

Violet: If Ion loses the title in match that has gotten no attention, I'll cry. This is no way to be treating the X Division.

Miss Tessmacher (c) vs. Tara for the Knockouts Championship

Alex: They've actually done a decent job with the buildup for this match, but I still can't get excited about a Tessmacher match. I'm just not interested. While I enjoy the ODB/EY stuff, I'd much rather see a title picture that involved ODB, Tara, Gail, and Rayne. So, basically anyone but Tessmacher... Although, I think she'll retain here.

Violet: Tessmacher has something to prove after her lost to Tara on Open Fight Night, so I would guess she will retain here. However, I'd much rather see Tara with the belt.

Rob Van Dam vs. Magnus

Alex: It seems like Magnus might be getting a nice little heel push, so I think he'll win this one tonight. I think Magnus has the skills on the mic, the look, and he's adequate in the ring. He could be a top player in my opinion.

Violet: Magnus has a lot of potential, and hopefully we see him get some of the attention that he deserves tonight.

Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | #FTLOW