Sunday, November 18, 2012

WWE Survivor Series Predictions

w/ Alex Archer & Violet Buttle

CM Punk (c) vs. John Cena vs. Ryback for the WWE Championship

Alex: I think CM Punk retains tonight.  I also think he'll retain at TLC to set up Punk / Rock at the Royal Rumble.  I can't see them putting Ryback against Rock, and Cena / Rock 2 just wouldn't have the juice it needs to be a big deal again.  It doesn't make any sense to end his year long title reign just to put the belt back on him at TLC to set up his match with Rock.  I think Brad Maddox interferes in some way and helps Punk retain.

Violet: Because I think Punk will be the guy Rock goes up against at the Royal Rumble, I predict that he retains tonight. It will, however, be interesting to see how he retains against two guys who rarely (if ever) lose.

Big Show (c) vs. Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship

Alex: Big Show has actually been pretty entertaining since capturing the World Heavyweight Championship.  I don't feel like Sheamus needs the title to stay on top of the Smackdown roster, so I think Big Show goes over tonight.  I just hope they don't try to recreate Hell in a Cell and get finisher happy.

Violet: I'm still uninterested in both of these guys. I predict that Big Show wins. A Big Show title reign has slightly more potential than another Sheamus reign would.

Team Foley vs. Team Ziggler in a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match

Alex: There's a lot going on within this match.  Team Hell No and Rhodes Scholars, Miz and Ziggler, and Orton and Barrett/Del Rio.  It kind of leaves Kofi out there without a feud.  I thought that Miz was going to turn on Team Foley, but with Miz and Ziggler facing off on Main Event on Wednesday, I don't see that happening.  Hard to make a solid prediction here, but I think Ziggler and Sandow survive for a victorious Team Ziggler.

Violet:This has the potential to be the most exciting match of PPV, because there are so many different things that could happen. Not only do all of the entrants have feuds going on with members of the opposing teams, but there is also a fair amount of friction amongst the team members. With everything that could happen, it's hard to make a prediction here. I'm not sure who will survive let alone which team will be victorious.

Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. R-Truth for the United States Championship

Alex: I just don't see Truth going over Cesaro at this point, or ever.  Cesaro retains.

Violet: Cesaro has to retain here, right? The crowds seem to be over Truth's antics, and so am I. 

Eve (c) vs. Kaitlyn for the Diva's Championship

Alex: Kaitlyn has looked pretty good the last few weeks, but I still think Eve retains.  I don't know when the "who attacked Kaitlyn" story will come to an end, but when it does, I expect Eve to still be the Diva's Champion.

Violet: Eve is the best thing about the Divas division, so hopefully she retains. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go in Kaitlyn's favor, though. It's a chance for her to get even with Eve for allegedly attacking her before a title match months ago.

3MB vs. Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd

Alex: I think it's strange that after going a few pay-per-views without a pre-show match, they decide to use this one for Survivor Series, but at least these guys get to do something.  I'll put my money on 3MB coming out on top.  It just seems like WWE is going to put more behind them than they are Kidd and Gabriel.

Violet: I think 3MB wins. For whatever reason, the WWE has been pushing this group and doing nothing with Kidd and Gabriel.


Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | #FTLOW