Sunday, November 11, 2012

TNA Turning Point Predictions

w/ Alex Archer & Violet Buttle
Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Austin Aries for the World Heavyweight Championship in a Ladder Match

Alex: I don't see them taking the title off of Hardy this soon, so I think he'll get the win. I think that he'll win clean, but I don't know where that leaves Austin Aries. Either way, it should be an exciting ladder match.

Violet: I doubt that Hardy will lose the title only a few weeks after he won it, especially in a ladder match.

Bobby Roode vs. James Storm vs. AJ Styles in a #1 Contender's Match

Alex: The stipulations surrounding this match should make it pretty interesting. I'd love to see Bobby Roode somehow come away with the win and get it by pinning James Storm. I know, I might be crazy, but I think the Roode/Storm feud is something they could keep alive for as long as these guys are both wrestling. In reality, I think Storm pins AJ.

Violet: With the stipulations attached to this match their are a lot of potential outcomes. I can be sure, however, that AJ Styles will not be the man to win this match and receive an instant title shot. In the end, I think winning this match would be too easy for James Storm. He seems to work best when he's facing adversity, so I predict that Roode wins and carries out this feud for a little bit longer.

Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez vs. Christopher Danies & Kazarian for the TNA Tag Team Championship

Alex: Hopefully TNA realizes the mistake they made and put the titles back on Kazarian and Daniels. Chavo and Hernandez are just sogeneric and boring. They bring nothing to the title picture and the belts do them absolutely no good.

Violet: I can only only that TNA rights one of their wrongs from Victory Road and put the tag belts back on the rightful champions.

Samoa Joe (c) vs. Magnus for the TNA Television Championship in a No Disqualification Match

Alex: This match has the potential to steal the show. This feud has continued to stay hot even though Joe has been getting most of the wins. I think the no-DQ stipulation is great for this match, and I'm hoping that Magnus wins so that this isn't a blowoff match.

Violet: If I didn't already know that Joe would win this match from the moment it was announced, I was made sure of it when Magnus pinned the TV champion on Thursday's edition of Impact. Even though the ending feels inevitable, I am certain that Magnus and Joe will put on an entertaining match anyway.

Devon vs. Kurt Angle

Alex: I usually look forward to Kurt Angle matches, but I just couldn't care less about this one. I have no interest in Devon at all. It wouldn't make sense for Devon to take a loss here, so I guess Devon somehow wins, probably when 6 or 7 other Aces & Eights members hit the ring.

Violet: This is easily the least interesting match on the card. Aren't a dozen members on Aces & Eights going to run out and save Devon at the end? Why bother with this match? Hopefully I'm wrong about this match, and it is saved with some interference from Bully Ray on behalf of his brother.

RVD (c) vs. Joey Ryan for the X Division Championship

Alex: I'm glad to see Joey Ryan jumping right into a title picture, but I wish it wasn't against RVD for the X Division Championship. I think he would've made much more sense for him to go after the Television Championship, seeing as he was fighting to be on television for so long, but what do I know. I hope he wins, but I think they're going to keep the belt on RVD, unfortunately. Somehow the belt needs to find its way back to Zema Ion before Jessie Sorenson returns, so that's even more of a reason I think RVD retains.

Violet: Are we still not addressing the fact that the X Division has a weight restriction? I certainly hope that Ryan walks away champion, and we can all forget about RVD's brief reign.

Doc vs. Joseph Park

Alex: Although I'm not all that excited about this match, I think it has the potential to be a fun match. Joseph Park will get all worked up and act ridiculous, so that'll be funny for a minute or two. I think Doc gets the victory. Aces & Eights still needs to look strong through this pay-per-view, or, really, what's the point?

Violet: I can't believe that Joseph Park is still around. And I can't believe that Hogan gave him a match. Much like my predication for the Kurt Angle vs. Devon match, I have no reason to believe that Doc won't be saved from a raging Park by a dozen of his team members.

Tara & Jesse vs. ODB & Eric Young

Alex: With the rumors of EY leaving TNA, could this be his last appearance? He and ODB are still the Knockouts Tag Champs, so they'll have to figure that into the story somewhere. I think Tara and Jesse win by utilizing some kind of heel tactics.

Violet: Due to the fact that many believe that EY is on is way out, I think that Jesse and Tara will win. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if EY isn't even at the PPV. Either way, I'll be pretty sad if this really is the end for EY and ODB.


Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | #FTLOW