Sunday, June 17, 2012

WWE No Way Out Predictions

w/ Alex Archer, Violet Buttle, & Mike Bradford

CM Punk (c) vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane for the WWE Championship

Alex: The WWE has done a good job of making this match seem like it could go in any direction.  I could definitely see CM Punk retaining here, but I'm going to predict that AJ turns on CM Punk and helps Daniel Bryan win the title.  I know the "Punk digs crazy chicks" angle is over, but AJ turning big time heel with Bryan would be a great pay-per-view moment. It would also set up a longer program for Bryan and Punk, who have been putting on stellar matches since the feud began.

Violet: Of all the matches on the card, this is pretty much the only one that truly interests me. I'm as excited for the wrestling as I am for the storytelling, which is rare. I predict Punk retains, but I wouldn't be totally surprised if Bryan steals the title. Either way, I expect the feud between these two to continue without Kane. However, as opposed as I was initially to Kane getting involved in this story, him and AJ have each helped make this feud more entertaining.

Mike: I'm done with Kane.  Punk vs. Bryan for the the 2nd time on PPV would've been enough for me. WWE has done a fantastic job developing AJ's character to the point where she is the most interesting person in the WWE right now. I absolutely love that I have no idea what role, if any, that she'll play in the finish of this one. I can't predict a winner.

Sheamus (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship

Alex: I'd love to see Ziggler go over, but I don't think the timing is right.  He's been slapped into this position due to other wrestlers getting injured and/or suspended.  They had started moving forward with Ziggler's "I'm better than this" storyline, regarding Vicki and Swagger, so there's no need to go off course here.  He and Sheamus can put on a good match with Sheamus going over, and because of the way Ziggler has been booked over the past few months, he won't lose anything by taking the loss.  Sheamus goes over, and hopefully in a few months time, Ziggler's push will get him back in the title picture.

Violet:Of course, Sheamus retains here. I do hope, however, that they use the momentum Ziggler has been building to keep him in or near the title picture. He deserves way more than weekly tag match losses.

Mike: It took suspensions and injuries, but Dolph Ziggler is getting a title shot in a main event. Even if Sheamus retains (and I think he will) the Show Off will do what he does better than anyone else night in and night out. I think this will be the match of the night, but only because Kane is in the WWE title match.

John Cena vs. Big Show in a Steel Cage Match

Alex: I'm predicting that Big Show goes over here.  Hunter just recently took over the actual role of handling the talent relations, presumably so that Big Johnny could focus on his on-air role.  This leads me to believe that we're going to see the era of People Power continue.  Big Show wins, Cena takes some time off, and hopefully comes back fresh.

Violet: Solely based on the fact that Laurinaitis is no longer the Executive VP of Talent Relations in real life, I predict Show wins and Laurinaitis remains an on-air personality.

Mike: Show wins, Cena still keeps his job because of a loophole. Vince screws Cena?

Christian (c) vs. Cody Rhodes for the Intercontinental Championship

Alex: I'd love to see this feud continue on after No Way Out, and I'm hoping the WWE wants the same thing, so I'm going to put my money on Cody Rhodes edging out a victory (probably a cheap one).  These guys work well in the ring together, and are even better on the mic, so there's really no reason to have this feud end just yet.  If Christian goes over, I hope they find some way to keep these two paired up.

Violet: I wish this match was given more attention prior to the PPV, because it has a lot going for it. I predict Christian retains, but Rhodes keeps chasing the title he helped return prestige to.

Mike: Just as it was last month, this match will be great. Christian is going to help Cody shine. Hopefully, Christian retains and this feud can actually go on and get some TV time and culminate at Summerslam.

Santino vs. Ricardo Rodriguez in a Tuxedo Match

Alex: As much as I like Ricardo Rodriguez, this is just stupid.  I'm assuming we'll get a Ryback squash match on this pay-per-view, so that coupled with this comedy match just makes me feel like I'm paying for a 3 hour episode of Raw with a good main event.  Santino obviously wins, and I spend this time replenishing my snack bowl and using the bathroom.

Violet: This is the match that the US Champion is in? Really? Santino needs to drop the title and the sooner the better. Obviously, Santino wins and Rodriguez looks like a fool.

Mike: I love Santino and Ricardo, I really do. I honestly have no problem with this match being on one of the secondary PPVs. However, if these are the feuds that Santino is going to be involved with, then he shouldn't be in a tuxedo match. Santino wins.

Layla (c) vs. Beth Phoenix for the WWE Divas Championship

Alex: It doesn't make sense to take the title off of Beth to just put it right back on her.  As always, I'll have my fingers crossed for Kharma's return.

Violet: Layla wins via roll-up. That's the only way chicks beat Beth. I can only hope that they at least give these two some time to have a decent match, because they're both fully capable of it.

Mike: No build up, why should fans care? Why bother bringing Layla out on Smackdown to call a match that lasted a minute. The commentary team didn't even finish their question, and the match was over. I'll just predict the same thing as the last few PPVs, Beth wins and Kharma returns.

Brodus Clay vs. David Otunga

Alex: I'm over Brodus Clay, and I'm over Otunga getting beat up all the time.  I'm glad this is on the pre-show and not on the main card, but I don't think this will do much to convince anyone watching the pre-show to buy the pay-per-view if they weren't planning on it already.  Here's to hoping that after this match, they have something in mind in the way of a hook.

Violet:I'd love to see Otunga and Clay in actual feuds, but instead I get this. Clay will win.

Mike: Brodus wins and hopefully goes on to feud with Big Show when Cena is done with him. The man REALLY needs a feud.


Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | @Bradford_FTLOW | #FTLOW