Saturday, June 9, 2012

TNA Slammiversary Predictions

w/ Alex Archer, Violet Buttle, & Mike Bradford
Bobby Roode (c) vs. Sting for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Alex: Two weeks of Impact Live, two submission victories for Sting over Bobby Roode.  This has to mean Roode walks with the belt tonight, right?  I believe it does, but with TNA, who the hell knows.  With the amount of talent TNA has in the locker room right now, there is no justification for having a washed up 53 year old win their World Title.  Again, this is TNA, so bad booking decisions kind of come with the territory.

Violet: Not only is Sting much older than the other TNA wrestlers, but he looks SO much older than the other wrestlers. He simply wouldn't be a believable champion. However, with the way Roode has been booked, he really isn't a believable champion either. Hopefully, TNA does the right thing here and keeps the belt on Roode.

Mike: Sting is 53 years old. It would be an absolute mistake for a 53 year old man to be champion, no matter who it is.

Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (c) vs. Kurt Angle & AJ Styles for the TNA Tag Team Championships

Alex: Unfortunately, I don't see this match ending clean.  The finish is going to come off of some kind of Dixie/AJ related drama.  Maybe Serge comes to ringside?  The wrestling is going to be awesome, but I think the finish is going to leave a lot of fans bummed out.  Daniels and Kaz are keeping the titles.

Violet: Why is this match happening? Why hasn't Dixie Carter fired Daniels and Kazarian? This match will be less about the tag titles and more about the alleged affair between Carter and Styles, but I expect Daniels and Kazarian to retain.

Mike: AJ will be too distracted during the match to concentrate. Kaz and Daniels will exploit the Dixie situation (which is being done wonderfully, I might add) and retain. Angle is in this match only because they needed to put Angle in a match.

RVD vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson in a Number One Contender Match

Alex: With Sting taking up the title shot on this show, there was basically nothing else to do with any of these guys, so why not throw them into a number one contenders match for the thousandth time?  This will probably be a decent match, but I' not excited for the outcome.  I don't think any of them have a chance at winning the title on Thursday.

Violet: I really wish TNA would rely more on feuds for their title matches instead of Number One Contender matches. With that being said, I don't really care who wins this match, because they aren't going to win the title Thursday on Impact.

Mike: Anderson is the only one without a title shot recently. Hopefully whoever wins will lose to Roode on Thursday. TNA needs originals on the top of their card.

Gail Kim (c) vs. Miss Tessmacher for the TNA Knockouts Championship

Alex: I was very disappointed when Tessmacher won that four-way match to get the title shot, and my feelings haven't changed.  I just have absolutely no interest in her character (or lack there of). I think Gail retains here.

Violet: I will always want Gail Kim to win, because she is almost always better than her opponents. Tessmacher is certainly no exception, and I will certainly be disappointed if she's the woman to end Kim's impressive reign.

Mike: It will be longer than five minutes, and there will be wrestling holds. If there's one thing TNA does better than WWE it's women's wrestling. I want Brooke to win, but Gail has been built up too much to lose in a match with little to no story behind it.

Bully Ray vs. Joseph Park

Alex: Other than Bully Ray being incredible the last few weeks, this angle is already stale and boring.  Hopefully this marks the end of Joseph Park.  Although, that would mean we get Abyss back, and I think I'd rather set my face on fire than have the Abyss character back in full force.  I'm predicting Abyss takes Park's spot and beats Bully Ray, and I won't be happy about it.

Violet: There are so many different storyline options they can go with for this match, and I'm not sure which they will choose. I'd like to see them go with the one that eliminates both Park brothers from TNA. However, that's probably the least likely choice.

Mike: Up until the recent Impact, I thought they were going to have Joseph snap  and admit he was an alternate personality of Chris, you know, Abyss, furthering the character and making him even more crazy. I don't think Joseph wrestles this match, I think Abyss returns.

Austin Aries vs. Samoa Joe

Alex: If they give these guys enough time, this has match of the night written all over it.  They've had some awesome battles in the past (I know I keep mentioning ROH Final Battle '04, but you really do need to watch that match), and hopefully they can deliver a few more this time around.  I think Aries is going to get the win, but as long as the feud continues, I don't care who goes over.

Violet: This the match I'm most excited about. I don't think it matters which man wins, because this feud will continue past Slammiversary.

Mike: Indy fans will eat this match up. It has potential to steal the show. I predict Aries takes it.

Crimson's Open Challenge

Alex: No Joey Ryan, no care.

Violet: It doesn't really matter who Crimson's challenger is, because he will remain undefeated.

Mike: Could Goldberg make an appearence? Could this match be Christian's spot? Would Vince allow one of his champions to do a job on the opponent's PPV? Would Dixie let a top midcard storyline be shattered by one of her opponent's champions? A lot could happen, but I imagine a non earth shattering opponent will lose to Crimson. Perhaps Joey Ryan out of left field?

Devon & Garrett Bischoff vs. Robbie E. & Robbie T.

Alex: Die Garrett Die.  That is all.

Violet: Of course Devon and Garret are going to win.

Mike: Garrett still looks like a scared kid in the ring. That being said, if Robbie E and Robbie T are having a tough time beating on Devon by themselves, why should I believe they have a shot when Garrett is in the picture?

Kid Kash vs. Hernandez

Alex: We haven't seen either of these guys in weeks, and I predict we won't see them for weeks after this match (if at all).  Yeah, there's history with these guys and TNA, but talk about throwing two guys out there for the hell of it...

Violet: Due to the fact that neither man has been on TV in weeks, it is really difficult to predict a winner for this match. At least when TNA books PPV matches seemingly out of nowhere, they are matches that will be well wrestled.

Mike: I respect the historical value of this match for the company; however, I simply don't care about this match. Kid Kash is looking JACKED though. To that end, I'll be rooting for Kash.


Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | @Bradford_FTLOW | #FTLOW