Sunday, May 13, 2012

TNA Sacrifice Predictions

w/ Alex Archer and Violet Buttle


Bobby Roode (c) vs. Rob Van Dam in a Ladder Match for the TNA Championship

Alex: I've seen Roode winning this all along.  Making it a ladder match makes it seem like RVD would have the edge, but I think the belt is still going to be around Roode's waist when Storm returns.

Violet: I expect another cheap victory for Roode here and, hopefully, some cool spots from RVD.

Samoa Joe & Magnus (c) vs. Christopher Daniels & Kazarian for the TNA Tag Team Championship

Alex: Daniels and Kazarian are too wrapped up in their storyline with AJ Styles right now to take the tag titles off the champs.  Magnus and Joe have been great together, and there's no reason to have them drop the belts now.

Violet: Magnus and Joe will win here, unless a win for Daniels and Kazarian would some how add to their other storyline. That could be interesting.

Gail Kim (c) vs. Brooke Tessmacher for the TNA Knockouts Championship

Alex: Gail Kim has suffered quite a few defeats to Tessmacher in the last few weeks, but she's going to come out on top tonight and retain the Knockouts title.

Violet: I sincerely hope TNA does the right thing and has Kim retain her title. It would seriously diminish Kim's impressive reign to have her lose to Tessmacher three times on TV only to drop the title to her at a PPV.

Devon (c) vs. Robbie T. & Robbie E. for the TNA TV Championship

Alex: I don't understand this match.  Is it a handicapped match?  Is it a triple threat?  The way it's being billed makes it seem like a handicapped mach, but that doesn't make any sense at all.

Violet: Seriously, what the hell is this match? Whatever it is, I'm pretty sure Devon will win.

Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles

Alex: I think this will be a great wrestling match for about 15 minutes before something happens involving the AJ / Dixie / Daniels / Kazarian story.  I've predicted Angle turning face since he got mixed up with the AJ storyline, so I think they'll have a great match, then join forces to feud with Kaz and Daniels.

Violet: There is no way this was designed to be an actual match. Instead, something will happen to further the AJ and Dixie vs. Kazarian and Daniels storyline. The finish won't really matter, and it certainly won't be clean.

Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Anderson

Alex: I'm sure that these two will put on a decent match, but I can't say I'm all that excited for it.  I feel like winning or losing this match does nothing for either guy.  I guess if I had to pick a winner (and the finish is clean), I'll take Hardy.

Violet: I don't even fully remember why this is happening. This match is just an excuse to get both men on the card, and I would assume that whoever wins will claim the right to be the next guy in line for the title.

Bully Ray vs. Austin Aries

Alex: This match definitely has the potential for match of the night if they're given enough time.  Bully Ray is no Samoa Joe, but I could see Bully and Aries putting on a match very similar to the Joe / Aries match from ROH Final Battle '04, where Aries defeated Joe for the ROH title.  If Bully wins, or if Parks / Abyss get involved, I'll be super disappointed.

Violet: I'm not sure which way this match will go. I do, however, expect some sort of Abyss appearance/interference.


Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | #FTLOW