Sunday, October 14, 2012

TNA Bound For Glory Predictions

w/ Alex Archer & Violet Buttle
Austin Aries (c) vs. Jeff Hardy for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Alex: I'm happy that Aries got that full heel turn in before the pay-per-view, but I wish it had come sooner. In my opinion, a heel vs. baby face feud for the title is much more of a draw than a slow turn, especially when Hardy is involved. This is definitely going to be a fun match with plenty of energy. My money is on Hardy winning the title tonight.

Violet: I'm not really sure which way this match will go, but I don't think it'll be the last in this feud. I expect this match will have some good storytelling and a lot of energy.

Bully Ray & Sting vs. Aces & Eights

Alex: Bully Ray is the obvious answer to the "who's behind the Aces & Eights" question, but is TNA going to go that route tonight? I think they will. I think Bully Ray double crosses Sting and Hogan and it's revealed that he and Eric Bischoff are the two men behind the Aces & Eights faction.

Violet:I'll be very disappointed if we find out tonight that Bully Ray is in some way associated with Aces and Eights. When TNA initially hinted at his alliance with group, I thought it could be an interesting twist. But, they've made it so glaringly obvious that this is what will happen that I'm now expecting it. I hope that I'm wrong.

Christopher Daniels & Kazarian (c) vs. AJ Styles & Kurt Angle vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr. & Hernandez for the TNA Tag Team Championship

Alex: I don't think either of the challenging teams are even half as entertaining as the current champions, so I think Daniels and Kazarian retain with some kind of cheap victory. As a bonus, I think Chavo and Hernandez turn heel on Kurt and AJ after the match.

Violet: With the way Daniels and Kazarian have pinned the other four men against each other, I think that the champions have a good chance at retaining tonight.

James Storm vs. Bobby Roode in a Street Fight

Alex: James Storm finally gets his hands on Bobby Roode after a year long build. Even without the world title, I think this program has made both guys a bigger deal. I have my money on Storm finally getting revenge. If I was booking it, though, I'd have Roode get a somewhat flukey victory and then move Storm immediately into another feud, immediately following the match, as I think Storm and Roode could be revisited again in a few more years with great success.

Violet:I predict that Storm finally gets the best of Roode. It'll be interesting to see how big of a role King Mo has in the action. He seemed fairly buddy-buddy with Storm during a recent episode of Impact, so I think it'd be fun to see if this relationship plays any role in the action.

Samoa Joe (c) vs. Magnus for the TNA Television Championship

Alex: I really think Magnus could be a top guy if he was given a serious push. I think putting the Television Title on him here is definitely a step in the right direction. Magnus wins the gold.

Violet: Being that TNA seemingly never wants to give Magnus the singles push that he deserves, I can rather safely predict that Joe retains.

Zema Ion (c) vs. Rob Van Dam for the X Division Championship

Alex: I'm a bit surprised this is advertised as a title match, but it looks like that's what they're going with. Either way, I think Ion gets the win and continues to be the man to beat in the X Division. A win over RVD will go a long way in making Ion and the X Division look strong.

Violet: Is the X Division lacking in talent so badly that RVD gets an X Division title match? Unreal. I really don't think that there's any chance that RVD becomes X Division champion, so I predict that not only does Ion win but he wins clean. RVD's been foolishly losing just about every match he's in, and Ion needs to look like a deserving and threatening champion. This match is a good opportunity for him to do so.

Miss Tessmacher (c) vs. Tara for the TNA Knockouts Championship

Alex: Tessmacher just doesn't do it for me, and that seizure dance she does before her matches is the absolute worst. I hope Tara takes the belt tonight, but I think the reveal of her Hollywood boyfriend is going to backfire and cost her the match.

Violet: Tessmacher has been a lackluster champion; so, hopefully she drops the belt here. Besides, Tara looks great in the ring and she's doing well with her new heel persona.

Al Snow vs. Joey Ryan

Alex: Unless the last few months have been a complete waste of time, Joey Ryan is going to edge out some kind of cheap victory over Al Snow and get himself a TNA contract.

Violet: I wonder at what point this became TNA's plan for Joey Ryan. Was it before his first Gut Check appearance? Was it after the crowd starting showing up with 87% signs? Either way, there is no chance Ryan's run with TNA ends with Al Snow beating him tonight. I bet that Ryan wins the match and a contract with the company.


Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | #FTLOW