Sunday, October 28, 2012

WWE Hell in a Cell Predictions

w/ Alex Archer & Violet Buttle

CM Punk (c) vs. Ryback for the WWE Championship in a Hell in a Cell Match
Alex: They've done a really good job at making Ryback look like a legitimate threat to Punk's reign.  I have to think they keep the title on Punk to setup Rock vs. Punk at Royal Rumble.  Either way, I don't think this match is going to end clean, despite being in the Cell.

Violet: Ryback isn't ready to be WWE Champion, and I really don't see him as the man that ends Punk's lengthy title reign.

Sheamus (c) vs. Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship
Alex: This is the match I'm least excited for on the whole card.  Expect a slow, prodding match with a bunch of thwarted WMD and Brogue Kick attempts.  I'll put my money on Big Show defeating Sheamus and then losing the title to Ziggler when he cashes in after the match.

Violet: The only interesting thing about this match is the possibility of Ziggler cashing in. Otherwise, he can expect a standard slow and monotonous Big Show. If Ziggler successfully cashes in, I think Show will be the winner the original match. If Ziggler doesn't attempt to cash in or is unsuccessful in his attempt, I think Sheamus will remain champion.

Kofi Kingston (c) vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship
Alex: It wouldn't make much sense to play hot potato with the IC title right now, so I think Kofi's going to hold onto it for at least a few more weeks.  The angry Miz character that we've seen on and off for a few months now would really have a chance to come out in full force if he suffered another loss at Kofi's hands.

Violet:I think that the intensity that the IC title and this feud have brought out of both men has been a lot of fun to watch. I wouldn't mind seeing wither guy win, but I do think that Kingston retains.

Team Hell No (c) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars for the Tag Team Championship
Alex: There's no doubting the success and popularity of Team Hell No.  They've been one of the most used acts over the last few weeks on both Raw and Smackdown.  If the WWE feels that Team Hell No can succeed and continue on without the titles, then Cody and Sandow will leave HIAC as the champions, otherwise, the titles stay with Kane and Daniel Bryan.  My money is on Team Hell No.  I think they need the titles to continue on as a team.

Violet: Based upon the popularity of Team Hell No, I assume they will walk out tonight with the titles.

Eve Torres (c) vs. Layla vs. Kaitlyn in a Triple Threat Match for the Diva's Championship
Alex: I'm glad the Diva's division has a real storyline for a change, but I wish Layla and Kaitlyn were replaced with Natty and Beth.  I'll take what I can get, though, and I think Eve remains champion after the night is through.

Violet: Eve's been very cunning and devious the past few weeks, so I assume (and hope) that she finds a way to retain the title. I also anticipate some atrocious acting from Kaitlyn and some corny dancing from Layla. 

Alberto Del Rio vs. Randy Orton
Alex: Another match that I'm really not all that excited about.  I'll give this one to Orton and say he gets his revenge on Del Rio for the attacks over the last few weeks.

Violet:Does Del Rio ever win a PPV match? Orton goes over here.

Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | #FTLOW