Sunday, July 15, 2012

WWE Money in the Bank Predictions

w/ Alex Archer & Violet Buttle
CM Punk (c) vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship with AJ as Special Guest Referee

Alex: WWE has done a great job with this storyline. I believe that AJ is going to be the deciding factor in this match, but I think there will be plenty of quality wrestling to go along with the love triangle story. I wouldn't be surprised if AJ helps Bryan win the WWE Championship, but I think she sides with Punk after all. I'd love to see Kharma return on the 1000th episode of Raw to join forces with Bryan and go after Punk and AJ for the WWE and Diva's titles (I'm hoping AJ takes the belt from Layla on Raw or Smackdown and Kharma isn't really gone).

Violet: This match is going to be exciting because Punk and Bryan are extremely talented and have proved in the past that they can have solid matches; AJ's evolving character is entertaining to watch; and I have absolutely no idea how the ending will play out. I predict some interesting storyline progression and an eventual win for Punk (if I had to choose).

Sheamus (c) vs. Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship

Alex: I think this is the match I'm least looking forward to. I think Sheamus wins, unfortunately. I don't think we'll see a cash in tonight, that is, if this match doesn't open the show like the WHC matches have been doing lately. I like Del Rio, but they just haven't made him see like a threat to Sheamus even with the attacks over the last few weeks.

Violet: I highly doubt that Del Rio will be the man to dethrone Sheamus. Furthermore, I don't see anyone overtaking Sheamus until the person who wins the briefcase cashes in.

John Cena vs. Big Show vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane in a MITB Ladder Match (WWE Championship)

Alex: Over the last few weeks, all signs have pointed to Cena winning this match. I'm not sure if the WWE is doing that so people will buy the pay-per-view, or to hit us with a change-up. Unless some other former champ gets involved and takes the briefcase, I think Cena will leave with the contract.

Violet: Well, Kane and Jericho are certainly not going to win. Show and Cena are the two most likely candidates for this victory, and I'm not sure which is the worse choice. Overall, I predict this will be a very slow, fairly boring ladder match.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Tensai vs. Christian vs. Santino Marella vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Sin Cara vs. Damian Sandow in a MITB Ladder Match (World Heavyweight Championship)

Alex: These is definitely going to be a much more fun match than the Raw version, and I fully expect Tyson Kidd and Sin Cara to have some of the best spots of the night. I think Cody and Ziggler are the frontrunners to come away with the briefcase, but because Ziggler has been beaten by Sheamus every week for as long as I can remember, my money is on Cody Rhodes.

Violet: Of the the two MITB matches tonight, this is the one I'm excited for. I expect to see Kidd, Christian and Sin Cara involved in some fun spots, and I can't wait to see how Sandow interacts with all of the guys since we haven't really seen him in anything substantial yet. I predict Rhodes or Ziggler for the win; however, I give the edge to Rhodes. Ziggler has already lost a few Championship matches to Sheamus (who I'm 100% positive will retain tonight), so it wouldn't make sense for him to get yet another shot at the title already. Rhodes also seems like the less obvious choice here, so I think WWE will try to surprise us by giving him the win.

Kofi Kingston & R Truth vs. Hunico & Camacho (pre-show)

Alex: A non-title match against two guys who haven't won in singles or tag competition in forever. Yep, this one is going to generate buzz... I would be lying if I said I was going to waste my time watching this one. Kingston and Truth win.

Violet: Have Hunico and Camacho won anything ever? Why not put the tag champs against one of the more prominent tag teams?


Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | @Bradford_FTLOW | #FTLOW