Sunday, July 8, 2012

TNA Destination X Predictions

w/ Alex Archer, Violet Buttle, & Mike Bradford
 

Bobby Roode (c) vs. Austin Aries for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

Alex: They've been doing a great job at building up Austin Aries as a legitimate threat to take the strap off of Bobby Roode.  I would love to see Aries come away with the title, but I think they're ultimately leading to Roode / Storm at Bound For Glory for the gold.  I'm really not sure how they're going to put him over (clean or otherwise), but I'm putting my money on Roode retaining.

Violet: As much as I'd like to Aries win here, I'm pretty sure Roode will retain. The obvious winner in the Bound for Glory series is Storm, and I can see TNA wanting him to finally prevail over Roode in order to win the title. However, I'm not sure where that would leave Aries, and I'd also be disappointed if he was out of the title picture so quickly.

Mike: I think Aries will get the upset in this one. The X-Division is the highlight of the PPV, and what better way to make cashing in the X title mean something then to have A Double win. Roode set his record, and if TNA wants to, they can continue the feud for a few more weeks with Roode getting lost in the championship shuffle with the eventual BFG winner.

AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels in a Last Man Standing Match

Alex: Although we've probably seen these guys fight more over the last 10 months than we've seen in the last 10 years combined (which is saying something), I'm still looking forward to what they can do in a Last Man Standing Match.  I think Daniels ends up going over with some kind of assistance from Kaz (or maybe even Claire?).  

Violet: I think a win for Styles here would be the beginning of the end for this awful storyline. Unfortunately, I think TNA is going to drag this one out a little bit longer.

Mike: I believe that Daniels will win this match to further the Springer-esque (Maury-esque for the younger crowd) Claire storyline. Just wait for the twist where Claire is the Fallen Angel's long lost sister or something like that. Thankfully the quality of the wrestlers in the match makes up for the story behind it.

Kurt Angle vs. Samoa Joe in a Bound For Glory Series Match

Alex: I think this might steal the show tonight if both guys are on their game.  The way things have been going for Joe lately, I'm assuming he loses a hard fought match and then shakes Angle's hand like he's done with Storm and Aries.  I'd really like to see Joe get some of his mean back, but I don't think it's going to happen at Destination X.

Violet: While I'm not sure who will win this match, I do have a feeling that both men are going to have a strong showing.

Mike: This match will hopefully be a clinic in submission and mat based wrestling. There's also potential for some hard strikes from both men which will help build the drama of the match. I'd like to see Joe go over, but something tells me that Angle is going to take this one. I hope I'm wrong.

Rubix vs. Dakota Darsow vs. Lars Only vs. Mason Andrews in an X Division Four Way Qualifier

Alex: This match is probably going to be a fun filled spotfest.  Like Violet and Mike, I think Darsow is going to get the nod here.  I'd honestly to see any of the other guys in this match get the win, but TNA seems to like Darsow quite a bit.

Violet: I think this will be a fun match, and I'm glad that these four guys are getting some more on-air time. Based on the fact that TNA seemingly likes Darsow, I think he'll get the win here. But, I don't expect to see the person who wins this match walking away with the title.

Mike: I've been really happy with the quality of matches we've been seeing from TNA lately. Seeing a bunch of indy guys getting some spotlight is welcome change from seeing cards loaded with ex-WWE guys lately. Strictly based on how much the announcers loved Dakota Darsow, I see him winning the match and getting the last spot in the X-Division tournament.

Four Way Ultimate X Match to crown the new X Division Champion

Alex: I'd like to see Zema Ion, Sonjay Dutt, or Kenny King come away with the X Division Championship (assuming they win their singles matches).  I think, realistically, you can rule Kid Kash and Douglas Williams out of the running.  They're both very talented, but they're already under contract and never get used.  What sense would putting the X Division Championship on them make?

Violet: I feel Zema Ion and Kenny King are the most likely winners. Before the tournament began, Zema Ion was the most relevant X Division wrestler behind Aries. I feel like he is the most deserving guy involved. But I could also see the title on King simply because of the buzz it could generate.

Mike: I could see TNA putting the belt on Kenny King right out of the gate just to spite ROH. It's hard for me to say that the Ultimate X match will be a show stealer because quite honestly, the card looks pretty good. If Kenny King isn't the chosen one, look for established guys like Zema Ion or Sonjay Dutt to have a run. 

Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | @Bradford_FTLOW | #FTLOW