Sunday, January 27, 2013

WWE Royal Rumble Predictions

w/ Alex Archer & Violet Buttle

CM Punk (c) vs. The Rock for the WWE Championship
Alex: The build for this match was great.  There were multiple Rock segments that were way too long and way too repetitive, but other than that, both men were great at hyping this one.  Both men made the match feel important, and both guys did an excellent job of putting the other over.  My prediction is that Rock wins the title tonight and it leads to a rematch at WrestleMania.

Violet:It's extremely unlikely that CM Punk remains WWE Champion after tonight.

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. The Big Show for the World Heavyweight Championship
Alex: I think that Del Rio is going to beat Big Show, but there's a chance he won't leave with the title.  Ziggler only has about two months to cash in his MITB briefcase.  A cash in at the Royal Rumble would be huge.  It's a possibility, but with Ziggler tied up in an angle with Cena, I don't see it happening just yet.

Violet:Del Rio has been successful in his new role as a Mexican hero, so I don't see him dropping the title quite yet.

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
Alex: There are a bunch of top guys that have been announced that could get the win (Cena, Ziggler, Orton, Sheamus, Ryback... Jinder Mahal), but I think this would be a perfect time to bring back Brock Lesnar. Rock vs. Lesnar for the WWE Championship at WrestleMania would be a pretty big draw.  That contradicts my Rock/Punk prediction, so I'll say Cena wins and faces Dolph Ziggler at WrestleMania for the World Heavyweight Championship (after his cash in victory, of course).

Violet:It's difficult to predict the winner of a 30 man match, but if I had to chose a winner I think it will be John Cena. If I'm correct and The Rock wins the WWE title, I could see the WWE booking another Cena vs. Rock WrestleMania match.

Team Hell No (c) vs. Team Rhodes Scholars for the WWE Tag Team Championship
Alex: I haven't been enjoying the antics of Team Hell No as much lately, mostly because they haven't done anything new in awhile.  If WWE sees it the same way I do, then Team Rhodes Scholars will come away with the titles and Team Hell No will disband.  If they want to continue with Team Hell No, I think they'll get the victory and hopefully come up with something new to add to their act.

Violet:I think that the Team Hell No act has run its course, and its time that we see a new team with the belts. Unlike Team Hell No, Team Rhodes Scholars haven't lost their luster yet.

Antonio Cesaro (c) vs. The Miz for the United States Championship (pre-show)
Alex: There's no reason to take the belt of Cesaro yet.  The only reason I could see them putting it on Miz would be to help boost his new face persona (that has been god awful thus far).  I think Cesaro has more to gain by retaining than Miz does by capturing, so I'll take Cesaro.


Violet: Is Miz going to be the American who takes the US title from Cesaro? I don't think so.

Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle