Saturday, January 12, 2013

TNA Genesis Predictions

w/ Alex Archer & Violet Buttle

Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Austin Aries vs. Bobby Roode in a Three Way Elimination Match for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Alex: If professional wrestling allowed for the heels to have any brains at all, Roode and Aries would eliminate Hardy and then duke it out. But, this is professional wrestling, and TNA at that. I think Hardy will come out on top after a rapid fire elimination and then final pin, probably after some kind outside interference. Possibly even some more Aces & Eights involvement in this storyline.

Violet: I don't see them putting the title back on Aries or Roode yet, so I think we'll see Hardy retain.

Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez (c) vs. Joey Ryan & Matt Morgan for the TNA Tag Team Championship
Alex: I really hope that this is the end of the failed attempt at pushing Chavo and Hernandez. They're just so boring. Put the belts on Morgan and Ryan and get on with it.

Violet: Chavo and Hernandez have been a bore as Tag Team Champions. It's time they droip the belts, and I think TNA might know it.

Sting vs. Doc
Alex: When was the last time anyone in the Aces & Eights came out on top in a match? I can't remember, so I've got my money on the Stinger. I'm sure there will be some kind of interference from Angle, Joe, and the Aces & Eights guys.

Violet: Aces and Eights never win. Never. And they certainly aren't going to score a win against Sting.

Christopher Daniels vs. James Storm
Alex: If they plan on giving Daniels and Kaz singles pushes, then I think he'll get the win. If they plan on just popping them back into tag action after this match, then I think Storm goes over.

Violet: If you think about how often Storm wins and how often Daniels loses, than I think the outcome to this match is fairly obvious. Storm goes over.

Kenny King vs. Christian York in an X-Division Championship Number One Contender Match
Alex: Though York came in with two big matches against Hardy and Roode, most of the attention throughout this little tournament has been on Kenny King. He's been leaning a little heelish, so I expect he'll really embellish that in this match.

Violet: Based upon the recent interaction between RVD and King on Impact, I assume we'll see King win the Number One Contender's spot.

RVD vs. Christian York or Kenny King for the X-Division Championship
Alex: It might just be wishful thinking, but I don't see RVD leaving Genesis with the title. I think Kenny King will based on my earlier pick, but if it's York vs. RVD, then I think York takes the belt.

Violet: I don't want the X-Division title on RVD so badly that I find this match difficult to predict without my bias creeping through. His time must be up, right?

Devon vs. Joseph Park
Alex: Again, it's hard for me to see an Aces & Eights member coming out on top because they've just been getting embarrassed lately. It's also hard to see this ending without some kind of interference. I guess I'll put my money on Devon anyway.

Violet: Much like Sting, Park will be looking for revenge in this match. And, like Sting, I think he'll get it.

Gail Kim vs. ODB vs. Miss Tessmacher vs. Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky in a Knockouts Championship Number One Contender Gauntlet Match
Alex: I guess that Tessmacher makes the most sense, but I wouldn't be surprised if Velvet Sky won either. My money is on Tessmacher, though.

Violet: Velvet Sky came back saying that 2013 would be her year. I don't like it, but I think she might be right. I see her going over here, unless they don't want to put the title on her just yet. Then it'll be Mickie who wins.

Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | #FTLOW