Sunday, December 9, 2012

TNA Final Resolution Predictions

w/ Alex Archer & Violet Buttle

Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Bobby Roode for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Alex: This is a really interesting match because, to me, it makes the most sense to put the title on Roode and have him renew his money-feud with James Storm. I don't know if TNA will go that route, but I don't know what would be on deck for Hardy if he retains.

Violet: I can't picture them taking the title off of Hardy already, and I also can't picture them making Roode champion again so soon.

Christopher Daniels vs. AJ Styles
Alex: Either AJ wins and counts down the days until he can get at title shot again by kicking ass for the next year, or Daniels defeats him and he continues on a crazy road of losing big matches. I think the second is most interesting, especially if it lead to a change in AJ's character, so I'll say Daniels gets the win.

Violet: Even though Daniels rarely comes out on top, I predict he wins this match with the help of some outside interference from Kazarian. After his big loss at Turning Point, it makes more sense to keep Styles down rather than to build him back up already.

Bully Ray vs. Austin Aries
Alex: This one definitely isn't going to end clean. I'm expecting to see Brooke and the Hulkster parade themselves out to ringside at some point during the match, probably costing Bully the match in the process. I don't think this is the last we're going to see of the Hogan/Bully/Aries story. A little disappointing that Bully isn't a focus in the Aces & Eights storyline, but I hope at some point it plays out that he's been working with them all along. I just don't expect that to happen tonight.

Violet: I think that one of the Hogans will intervene before this match gets the chance to end cleanly.

Aces & Eights vs. Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Garett Bischoff, and Wes Brisco
Alex: I think we get a pre-match beatdown backstage of Garett and Wes Brisco, but we'll only see the aftermath, not the actual beating. They'll try to tough it out and go to the ring with Kurt and Joe, and then eventually turn and reveal they're with Aces & Eights and were never jumped at all. As detailed as that is, I don't even think it's that bold of a prediction.

Violet: I sincerely hope that it is revealed tonight that Wes Brisco and Garrett Bischoff are members of Aces & Eights. I honestly can't even believe Brisco's made it is this far without even being accused of working with the faction. I mean, one of the guys who's always out attacking the TNA roster has the same exact hair color and body type as Brisco.

Rob Van Dam (c) vs. Kenny King for the X-Division Championship
Alex: I'd love to see RVD lose the belt and get the hell away from the X-Divison, and as much as I'd like to see Kenny King win the title, I don't think that's going to be the case tonight. It should be a pretty good match, but I think Kenny King is going to make it obvious that RVD might still be on pace with the regular roster, but he's at least a step behind the top X-Division guys.

Violet: If King got any TV time before his Number One Contenders match on Thursday, then it might be believable that he had a chance of winning tonight. I really wish a Heavyweight guy wasn't wearing the X-Division belt. The crowd in the Impact Zone was really into the Number One Contenders match with all X-Division guys. Why can't TNA see that?

Tara (c) vs. Mickie James for the Knockouts Championship
Alex: TNA seems to be having some success with Tara and Jesse, as they've been drawing some great heat in the Impact Zone. I like the return of Mickie James being played up last week, but I don't think she's going to take the belt off Tara tonight.

Violet: Tara seems to have lost her competitive edge since she paired up with Jesse, so I think the returning Mickie James will leave with the title tonight.

Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez (c) vs. Joey Ryan & Matt Morgan for the TNA Tag Team Championship
Alex: If I can see Chavo and Hernandez lose the titles to Joey Ryan and Matt Morgan, I'll forgive TNA for putting the belts on them in the first place. They're beyond boring.

Violet: There's no way Matt Morgan loses a match already. He's been brutal since his return, and his pairing with Ryan grows on me every week. I think they'd be fun as champions.

Contact us on Twitter to discuss this article or anything wrestling :
@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle