Saturday, March 31, 2012

WrestleMania Predictions

w/ Alex Archer and Violet Buttle

John Cena vs. The Rock

Alex : With both men making such a big deal about getting the win here, it's really hard to make a prediction on this one. Does Rock hand off the ball to Cena like Hogan did for him? Is Cena going to take one for the team? Some people have been predicting some kind of run-in or screwy finish, but I don't think WWE would do that after all the build for this match. If I had to pick a winner, I think Cena goes over.

Violet : I honestly have no idea what will happen with this match, but I certainly hope that Cena wins.

CM Punk (c) vs. Chris Jericho for the WWE Championship

Alex : I see these two having a great technical match with some really good near falls. I think Jericho takes a shortcut to come out on top and keep the feud going into at least the next pay-per-view.

Violet : This is another match that is difficult to predict. Either way, I don't think this heated feud will be over after Mania.

Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Sheamus for the World Heavyweight Championship

Alex : As great as Bryan has been as the cocky heel, the push Sheamus has been receiving since turning face has to lead to something, and if not the World Championship at Mania, then what?

Violet : With the way Sheamus has been booked for the months leading up to Mania, he has to win this match. Which is a shame because Bryan has been an enjoyable champion.

Undertaker vs. HHH in HIAC w/ Shawn Michaels as guest referee

Alex : Even with all the HHH / HBK drama, I just don't see the streak coming to an end. Kevin Nash pointed out in an interview earlier this week that it means nothing for Hunter to end the streak on his third try, and I completely agree. I think we're in for a lot of great near falls and some high drama with HBK involved, but Undertaker remains undefeated.

Violet : After what I thought was slow and plodding WrestleMania match between these two men last year, I'm surprised to be as excitied for this outing as I am. Triple H, Undertaker, and Michaels have all done a wonderful job selling this match in their various confrontations over the past few weeks. I would, however, be even more surprised if Triple H won and ended Undertaker's streak. And unlike last year's unimpressive match, I expect the Hell in A Cell format to allow these men to have some memorable spots.

Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny

Alex : Looking at these two teams, you have to give the edge to Team Johnny. I'm sure there's going to be some shenanigans in and outside of the ring, but Team Johnny comes away with the win.

Violet : Team Johnny is going to win for three reasons. First, they have a more impressive and accomplished team. Second, Teddy has frequently been getting the better of Laurinaitis in their confrontations, and they can't make Johnny look that pathetic. Third, they have Mark Henry, and he has been World Strongest Slamming Team Teddy all week.

Cody Rhodes (c) vs. Big Show for the Intercontinental Championship

Alex : This is a tough one. Either Cody upsets Show and continues his run as IC Champ, or Show takes the title, gets his WrestleMania moment, and Cody moves onto the next level (hopefully one of the top titles). Either way, as long as Cody doesn't get buried, I'm ok with either result.

Violet : I want Rhodes to win this so badly. Show doesn't need the IC belt. I mean, he was just contending for the World title. However, due to the embarassment Rhodes has brought Show during the build of this match, I am worried Show might actually get his WrestleMania moment.

Randy Orton vs. Kane

Alex : I really don't feel like I have anything vested in this match, and I think most fans feel the same way. It's a shame that Orton has to work with this incredibly boring Kane character, but hopefully he gets the win and the feud is over.

Violet : Orton was doing some really solid work with Barrett, and I'm sure they would have had a brilliant WrestleMania match. However, Barrett's out with an injury, and now Orton has to wreslte Kane. Obviously, Orton is going to get the win.

Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres vs. Kelly Kelly & Maria Menounos

Alex : The token celebrity match. What a waste of Beth Phoenix and the Divas Championship. Menounos probably gets the victory by rollup or something equally as lame.

Violet : If Phoenix does not crush Menounos, then everything she's done as Diva's Champion goes to waste. I wouldn't put it past WWE to let this happen.

Primo & Epico (c) vs. The Usos vs. Justin Gabriel & Tyson Kidd for the World Tag Team Championships

Alex : Since this is only being shown on WWE.com before the actual pay-per-view, I don't see Primo & Epico dropping the belts. I am interested in seeing Gabriel and Kidd working together, though. That could be an exciting team.

Violet : This should be a fun dark match. I don't see any reason for Epico and Primo to lose their titles here.

@TheAlexArcher | @VioletButtle | #FTLOW